Google Meet is a simple yet powerful communication tool that can be used to video conference with anyone with the following services available:
- Internet connection
- Chrome Web Browser or Google Meet App
- Device Microphone / Speaker and Camera
Schedule a video meeting in calendar
It’s easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link can be added to a calendar event either by adding one or more guests to the event, or by clicking on Add conferencing. After you save the event, a meeting link and dial-in number are added to the event.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
In your chrome browser
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- Click on Add conferencing and select Hangouts Meet.
- On the Guests tab, go to Add guests to invite guests from inside or outside your organization.
- Click SAVE.
- Click Send to notify guests.
Guests receive an email with the event information and a link to the video call.
Start a video meeting from your web browser
If you need a quick answer from a team member, you can start an instant meeting in a web browser. If someone sends you a meeting link URL, simply click the link to join the call. Note: You can send the meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization needs to give them access to the video meeting.
In your chrome browser
- enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Start a new meeting > Start meeting.
- Click Copy joining info to copy the meeting link details and share the details with your guests.
Join with a meeting link URL
With Hangouts Meet, you can join an impromptu video meeting by clicking the meeting link URL sent to you in a text or email.
- In your Chrome Browser click the meeting link sent to you in a text or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join the meeting.
Join a scheduled meeting via google calendar
You can manually join a scheduled meeting from your calendar using your chrome browser.
- Open your Google Calendar
- Click the event you want to join.
- Click Join Hangouts Meet and in the window that opens, click Join Meeting.
Join with a meeting code
You can join a meeting by entering the meeting code, which is the unique code at the end of the meeting link.
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Use a meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code and click Join.
Join from Meet
You can join a meeting from within the Google Meet app directly
- Once signed into your google account
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the meeting from your list of scheduled events.
- Click Join meeting.